Club and Match Bookings
Redwood Park welcomes all fishing organisations and clubs, and will be happy to set up an exclusive match or event on any (or all) of our lakes.
Contact us by phone with your preferred dates, approximate number of pegs to be reserved and any special requests / needs you have for your match. Tel: 01347 811561 (Tony) or use our Match Booking Request Form to send us a request via email.
Match Pricing and Information
- Day Matches: £10 per angler
- Evening and Junior matches: £5 per angler
- Minimum payment for day match: £100 (based on 10 anglers).
- Full lake charge: £200.
- Deposit required to confirm booking: 50% of expected match fee
Match Booking Policy
With the popularity of Redwood Park, a match booking policy is required so that pegs are available for pleasure fishing or, when appropriate, an extra match on the same lake.
The following rules apply for matches:
- Matches with 10 or less anglers shall be allocated 2 pegs per booked angler in consecutive pegs.
- Matches with 11-14 anglers shall be allocated 1 ½ pegs per angler, e.g., 12 anglers will be given 18 pegs.
The remaining pegs on that lake shall be available for pleasure anglers or another small match. 2 pegs will be left as a gap between each match / pleasure fishing anglers.
- Matches with 15 or more anglers shall be allocated the whole lake with the exception of the Canal, where part of the lake shall be allocated for pleasure anglers, depending on number of match fishermen.
- Matches on the Lagoon will have the number of anglers allocated the same number of pegs. The Lagoon has 2 legs with 13 pegs on each.
- 2 keepnets are provided per angler by Redwood Park
- There is a weight limit for fish in keepnets of 50lbs – extra nets are available.
- All carp and F1s over 2lbs must be placed in one net / ALL other fish in the other net
- Blatant disregard of these keepnet rules will be penalised
- All landing nets to be dipped in provided Net Dips prior to fishing
- No match to exceed 6 hours in length
- No floating baits
- Match-bookers are responsible for their own insurances
- Please see our new weighing in policy below:
Weighing In Policy
- Match Organisers MUST arrange for their anglers to weigh in their matches.
- Redwood Park will provide weigh-in equipment to reduce fish infection risks - this will consist of a weigh-in sling, scales and a tripod
- Each keepnet MUST be weighed in separately - never mix silvers and carp - we do not want small fish to be crushed by larger fish
- Be gentle with fish and return them to lake immediately after weigh in.
- Best method to transfer fish from keepnet to weigh sling is to pull a keepnet ring from near the base of the net, through the keep net top and present the keepnet to the sling and pour fish gently into sling. (View Keepnet Video Here).
- Do NOT tumble fish from base of net to weigh sling.
- Please take care of fish and equipment.
- On completion of weighing in, leave the equipment in an agreed place or on top of all returned keepnets in the net boxes.
- Make cheques payable to Redwood Park.
- Payment by Bank Transfer can also be made: HSBC. Account name: Redwood Park. Sort code: 40-47-57. Account number: 30008451. Ensure your club name is referenced.
- Cash or cheques can be posted in the red letterbox at Redwood Park ticket area
- Please describe who and what the payment is for.
- If you wish to post deposits, please send them to:
Redwood Park, c/o Tony Chappell. 3 Huby Road, Sutton on the Forest, York YO61 1DY
Complete our Match Booking Request Form now.
Don't forget to ask about your next big team or corporate event at Redwood Park Fishery!