League Information (singles)
2019/20 Winter League
We are hosting a regular (single-angler) league for Winter
Sign Up Sheet:
To sign up, please call Paul Chappell on 07909 956532.
- Paul Chappell
- Dave Collier (deposit paid)
- Phil Cushing
- Davy Barker
- Graham Lowrie
- Rick Armstrong
- Ryan Charter
- Matthew Chappell.
- Nov 2 - Arc/Canal
- Nov 18 - Canal/Redwood
- Nov 30 - Redwood/Arc
- Dec 14 - Arc/Canal
- Jan 4 - Canal/Redwood
- Jan 18 - Redwood/Arc
- Feb 1 - Arc/Canal
- Feb 15 - Canal/Redwood
- Feb 29 - Arc/Redwood
- Mar 14 - Arc/Canal
League / Open Rules:
- All Redwood Park rules and match rules apply. Incorrect application of net rules will be penalised.
Hooks may be checked.
- Weight limits must be adhered to – failure to do so may result in point deductions
Sections and Points:
- Four sections of 6 anglers where possible
- The winner will accrue zero points and the sixth placed angler will accrue 5 points
- Any angler offering nothing to the scales (or not present) will accrue 6 points
- The league winner will be the angler with the lowest points total from their lowest 7 results (out of ten matches)
- Any angler tying for weight at any match will share the available points with the angler they have tied with
- If, at the end of the series, any of the final positions are tied on points, then the
angler with the most section wins will determine the final position. If this
statistic is also tied, then the angler with the most lake wins will determine the
position. If all statistics are tied, then the angler with the most overall wins
will determine the final position.
- [In the unlikely event that there is still a tie, then lots will be drawn – At no point will overall weight be considered]
***All payouts are dependent on attendance***
- The Full match pool with 24 anglers will be 24 * 15 = £360
- Lake Winners will receive £80
- Lake Runners Up will receive £50
- The 4 section winners will each receive £25 (Lake winners cannot win section prizes, default section winners will collect prizes)
The Full league prize pool with 24 anglers at 10 matches will be £1,440.
- The League Winner will receive 40% of the prize pool (estimated £576)
- The league runner-up will receive 30% of the prize pool (estimated £432)
- Third place 20% (estimated £288)
- Fourth place 10% (estimated £144)
Golden Peg is intended to encourage people to attend the later matches of the series.
- Will only be invoked during the final 3 matches of the league.
- If you draw the golden peg and win your section, you will take the pot at the prize presentation after the final match
- If nobody wins the golden peg by the above rules then all overall match winners ( not lake winners), from ALL ten matches will be put into a draw and the winner will take the pot
IN THE EVENT THAT NUMBERS FALL, ALL PRIZES WILL BE REDUCED ACCORDINGLY!
Preferred pegs listed below will be used where possible
- Canal - Section A from (2, 5, 8, 14, 16, 18) and Section B from ( 24, 27, 30, 34, 36, 38)
- Redwood – Section A from ( 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18) and Section B from (5, 19, 22, 25, 28, 30)
- Arc – Section A from ( 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14) and Section b from (20, 22, 24, 26, 28, 30)
If you are interested in taking part then contact Redwood Park or on 07909 956532 or simply turn up at the fishery.
2017/2018 League Winners:
Check back in early 2018 for Spring/Summer league details or follow us on Facebook to get the latest details, or sign up to receive our Redwood Park newsletter, which announces latest events, competitions and updates to our lakes, website and stocking levels.